Platform 2018 General Election - Explore New Possibilities
The Ontario Government is a mess. 50 years of mismanagement has made Ontario a have-not province, and deep in debt. This Government cannot be fixed by switching yet again to one of the status quo parties. The Ontario government has over $300 Billion in debt. Interest on the debt is now the 3rd largest government expense and is roughly $1 Billion per month. Kicking the can down the road is no way to manage a household or a Government. Nobody should want Ontario to continue down the path that leads to our society becoming like Cyprus, or Spain or Venezuela - and that surely is the path we are on today.
|These Leaders have no answers!|
It is never too late to start doing the right thing. A new approach is needed now, that both solves the mess, and once again makes Ontario a great place to live and work. Government is out of gas and out of time. Hydro rates are through the roof and ruining people and businesses. Rationing of essential services is now commonplace. The emphasis must now be on the growth of non-Government delivery of programs and services and less emphasis on Government delivery of programs and services. Government has failed the people of Ontario.
Who votes for the Libertarian party?
- People that can no longer, in good conscience, vote for any of the 4 big Government parties. The 4 big Government parties are all the same!
- People that want to vote for the largest party promising a return to much smaller Government.
- People that might not vote normally since "it won't change anything". Well, the more people that vote for us, the stronger the message will be that the status quo is unacceptable.
In drafting our platform, we are well aware that many people that might otherwise like our ideas, also like many aspects of Government the way it is now. A guiding principle we have adopted is to avoid taking away direct programs and services that people receive from Government today. Instead, by allowing the emergence of new and better ways to deliver programs and services, we believe natural and voluntary choices will directly lead to a greater emphasis on non-government delivery of programs and services and less emphasis on Government delivery of programs and services.
The theme of our 2018 Libertarian Election Platform is very simple - "Explore New Possibilities".
- Hydro Rates "Cut Your Hydro Bill in Half"
- Education "Put Parents Back In Charge"
- Healthcare "End Healthcare Rationing"
- Jobs and the Economy "Make Ontario a Job Magnet"
- Property Rights "Back Off Government"
- Youth "Prevent Youth From Becoming - Generation Screwed"
- Democratic Reform "Modernize Our Democracy"
- Government & Taxation "Reduce the Size and Scope of Government"