Freedom of Choice is at the very heart of Liberty. In the realm of Public Services, however, citizen choices are severely limited by legislation that forbids non-government service providers from competing with the government. The Ontario Libertarian Party is committed to repealing any legislation that denies the citizens the right to choose what’s best for themselves and those for whom they are responsible.
COVID MEASURES and Personal Autonomy
Freedom of Choice must be defended and protected. This is especially true for the health and well-being of every individual person.
The Nuremberg Code of 1947 documents the judgment of the famous war crimes tribunal held at Nuremberg, Germany. The Code laid down 10 standards to which physicians must conform when carrying out experiments. It is recognized world-wide as a highly-respected ethical standard for conducting medical research.
The Covid vaccines have been injected only under the FDA’s Emergency Use Authorization. As such, these new drugs remain classified as‘experimental’ because their long-term consequences will not be known or published until 2023 at the earliest.
To protect and defend your freedoms, the Ontario Libertarian Party will:
- Stop Vaccine Mandates. Defend every citizen’s right to Informed Consent (https://www.canadiancovidcarealliance.org/mediaresources/informed-consent-its-your-right/) before choosing to accept or reject experimental medical treatments.
- Rescind all provincial COVID Acts and Regulations that can be used by public authorities to restrict our citizens’ freedoms of Movement, Expression and Assembly.
- Stop mask mandates. Instead, re-direct public health officials to disseminate credible information and advice to help our citizens to make properly informed choices.
INTRODUCE COMPETITION to Public Services
Choices multiply to serve the broadest range of consumer and business needs when healthy competition exists in markets. Choices shrink when services are restricted to centrally-planned government monopolies.
Constraints to property rights are constraints to freedom. Excessive laws and regulations should never be tolerated by citizens who desire the rich choices offered by truly democratic society.
To meet every individual’s needs, interests and priorities, the Ontario Libertarian Party will:
- Increase the availability of non-government service providers. In Healthcare and Education, for example, there willbe many more choices forpatients and students.
- Review and repeal all legislated encroachments on Private Property rights by any Provincial Authority starting with the Municipal Act, Conservation Authority, Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) and Conservation Officers operating under the Hunting and Fishing Regulations Act.